How to discover guides, get traffic info, subway map or elevation map:
1. Tap "Map layers" button in the upper left corner.
2. Tap the style you want to see on the map:
- Guides: starting from 10.1 version you can discover travel guides directly on the map. Tap a guide icon to see the guide preview. Tap the guide preview to open the guide in the catalog
- Traffic : up-to date traffic info on the roads
- Subway : subway map for more than 200 cities
- Terrain : starting from 9.6 version, after updating of downloaded maps, you can see information about elevation of the landscape in the mountainous area. Isolines on the map show elevation and numbers show altitude. This info may not be available in certain regions and cities
Tap the map or the arrow sign in the lower right corner to hide the selection panel.
You can also access map layers from MAPS.ME menu. Tap the three line menu in the lower right hand corner → then tap a layer icon.
3. To turn off a view tap the layer button again in the upper left hand corner or in the app menu.
- Green: no traffic interference
- Yellow: moderate traffic interference
- Red: heavy traffic interference. The darker the color, the slower the speed
- Black: road is closed.
- Traffic information is available in 38 countries including the following: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, USA, Venezuela.
- Traffic information may not be available in some cities, even if the country is supported.
- Traffic info requires internet connection. Please be careful while roaming: exact amount of data for traffic info depends on the map and your route. To avoid any roaming charges you can disable mobile data in iOS or Android settings while roaming for MAPS.ME. You can see traffic information in advance, before start a route, while you have connected to WiFi.
- List of supported cities with subway map is available here.